Preventive health examinations consist of medical examinations designed to identify disease-prevention methods. It aids in estimating a person’s present health condition, the early detection of sickness and the approximate coverage needed through health insurance.
Advantages of Preventive Health Exams:
Consider the following advantages of preventive health examinations:
- It helps individuals to evaluate their health and determine the likelihood of becoming ill.
- It helps individuals to take timely safeguards to prevent the onset of any disease or medical condition.
- Early Detection of Diseases: It enables physicians to discover a disease early when treatment is straightforward and free from problems.
- Regular Monitoring of Pre-Existing Conditions: It enables individuals to monitor their pre-existing conditions regularly and take prompt action to lessen their severity.
- It encourages people to live healthily by adhering to a nutritious diet and exercising regularly.
- It assists individuals in concentrating on their sleep cycle by tracking their sleep and wake patterns.
- It helps individuals to monitor their health and, as a result, saves money that would have been spent on the costly treatment of diseases. ##
- Active Participation in Self-Healthcare enables individuals to remain actively engaged in their healthcare, promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- It promotes long-term health among individuals by monitoring their health.
- Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961 permits individuals to receive tax benefits of up to Rs 5,000 every fiscal year. **
Types of Preventive Health Exams:
Here are some of the most common preventive health examinations covered in health insurance for individuals:
Complete Physical Exam – A physical exam encompasses a medical evaluation of the entire body. Typically, it consists of several separate medical tests, such as a blood sugar test, lipid profile test, kidney function test, liver function test, thyroid testing, etc. Examine health insurance policies that cover the expense of a full-body exam. *
Women’s Health Checkup – This preventative health checkup includes medical tests to evaluate women’s general health and discover any gynaecological issues. Additionally, screenings for breast and cervical cancers are included. A women’s health assessment may include, for instance, a pap smear, pelvic exam, and clinical breast examination. Ensure that you purchase women’s health insurance to cover the price of preventive health exams. *
Child Health Checkup – Child health checkups consist of medical examinations to evaluate a child’s health and physical development. Hearing tests, ocular exams, and other medical tests are included in a child’s health examination. Do not forget to enrol your child in a health insurance plan that will cover the cost of medical studies. *
Diabetes Checkup – The purpose of a diabetes checkup is to detect diabetes. Utilising medical tests such as the fasting blood sugar test, the glucose tolerance test, the haemoglobin A1C test, etc., determine a person’s blood sugar levels. Diabetic patients can also obtain diabetes-specific health insurance to cover the expense of preventive health exams. *
Heart Checkup – An examination of the heart’s health comprises medical tests. It entails a thorough medical evaluation of a person’s cardiovascular system using a lipid profile, electrocardiogram, chest x-ray, etc. *
Things to Keep in Mind When Scheduling a Preventive Health Exam:
A person must keep in mind the following when undergoing a preventive health examination:
- Most medical tests require the individual to be fasting for at least 10 hours before the examination.
- Remember to wear loose, comfortable clothing for mobility.
- Avoid wearing metallic objects or accessories when undergoing imaging examinations such as X-rays, CT scans, bone densitometry, etc.
- Before the tests begin, advise the physician of any dentures, pacemakers, or other similar implants.
- After routine health examinations are performed, it is important to make lifestyle modifications.
Looking for a perfect policy suited to your budget? Use the health insurance premium calculator to find the most suitable plan.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘